This tool will calculate approximate price to remodel an existing bathroom in your house. Enter square footage, work/materials quality, tile options and number of bathrooms to estimate bath renovation cost. Select your region for more accurate local based estimating. You can calculate up to 3 bathrooms at once. Make sure you update total square footages.
Default values (Mid-range Quality setting) assume updating an 5×8 foot bathroom with following specs:
- Install all new fixtures – 2’6″ x 5′ steel/enamel bathtub
- 6×6″ ceramic tiles surround (6×6″ ceramic tiles on ALL walls optional)
- Simmons temperature and pressure-control shower valve
- Dual Flush, water-saving elongated white toilet
- Vanity cabinet – solid counter with integrated sink and Simmons valve
- Wall-mounted medicine cabinet with mirror and lights
- 12×12″ ceramic tiles on floor
- Moisture resistant wallpapers (vinyl)
Regional price adjustments are based on local data by remodeling mag. Cost does not include sales taxes and building permit fees.
Prices can vary by as much as 21.9% based on your metro area, the contractor you choose to work with and many other factors.
Additional cost may be incurred if your project requires total gutting, carpentry and plumbing work, or installation of new sub floors, cement board, etc.